BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What Is Unschooling?

I've been explaining the concepts of Unschooling for the last week to various different people. My niece was amazed that I would allow the girls to do as they please without making them do any school work at all. My daughter's Sunday School teacher was intrigued by the concept and wanted to know more. My sister and I had a discussion about Montessori Schools and Unschooling. My best friend worries that the girls will be ill equipped for life in a college classroom after growing up with their education being dictated solely by them.

I need to get my book written. It would be so much easier to direct those who want answers to read a book than to try to give them a detailed explanation in the span of a short conversation.  The outline is written. The thoughts are there. I just have to sit down and force myself to type out the words that are already buried within my mind and heart. Then comes the process of getting published - which is just plain scary for me. Luckily, I have a friend who knows the industry and will be helpful in getting me on that road to being published.

0 comments: