BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Assessments

Kira is progressing fairly quickly with her reading. I have a friend who is an elementary school teacher - Jen. Jen has offered to assess Kira's reading level to help me determine what I need to do next to help Kira continue to progress with her reading skills. I'm really looking forward to that assessment.

The key part of home schooling is knowing where to go for information and/or assistance whenever you may need it. I've been trying to explain this to many of my friends. Home schooling does not mean that I am the only person who will ever provide educational instruction to my children. What it does mean is that I have a greater control over what my children are exposed to and how quickly they progress with information.

Either Wednesday or Thursday I will be visiting with Jen to let her spend some time with Kira. After that, Jen and I will work together to formulate a plan for what I need to do next to keep Kira moving forward with reading. I imagine she will tell me what I already know. (Kira is ahead of her "age" in her reading ability. Keep doing what I am already doing in order to continue our progress.) The reassurance is always a good thing.

0 comments: